USATSI_7981251_110579513_lowres

Video Highlights: Wright and Granderson HRs, Tejada’s walkoff

Ruben Tejada drives a single to center field, scoring Juan Lagares in the bottom of the 11th inning to lift the Mets to a 4-3 win >> Watch here



Terry Collins talks about Tejada’s walk-off hit in the 11th inning, and Tejada talks about being the hero Monday night >> Watch here


Curtis Granderson ties the game at 3 with a home run to right field in the bottom of the eighth inning >> Watch here


David Wright drives a homer to left field to give the Mets a 2-0 lead against the Braves in the third inning >> Watch here




7 comments
Jeff Robins
Jeff Robins

How many HRs do you think Dave Hudgins cost Wright? All of a sudden, Wright is able to hit HRs to left field.

Zach Goeringer
Zach Goeringer

It was nice to see a little emotion out of this squad last night. And it was great to see a win in a one run game despite Terry's best effort to blow it. 

hankypanky
hankypanky

Taking out a middle-aged pitcher after 100 pitchers in 91 degree weather isn't blowing it. Consider the role played by the reliever before passing judgement. It's always easy to second-guess an easy target like TC, especially on this blog.

Zach Goeringer
Zach Goeringer

@hankypanky I was referring to him not bunting with 2 on and nobody out in the 9th. The whole world was screaming bunt and he sends Duda up who isn't even a great situational hitter. We are not an American League team, we are a crappy hitting national league squad, we can't afford to take risks like that. It's the type of game I almost wish we lost so that the importance of a situation so mishandled doesn't get lost.

Joe Paulson
Joe Paulson

@hankypanky There were a few moves including Lagares bunting that were questionable but if the Mets lost last night, it would have been the fault of errors by players in the 8th.

theglider
theglider

I was watching the Braves broadcast because SNY is blacked out when they play the Mets. Their announcers thought it was a good move to let Duda hit.

Joe Simpson, a former player, said the Mets didn't have a bunter left and you wanted someone up who could handle the bat and not a pitcher. They didn't have a problem with the decision to hit.

Zach Goeringer
Zach Goeringer

@theglider Ok well our announcers were in shock. It's basically choosing a 30% chance over a 70% chance, its common sense. There is a lot more of a chance that Jacob Degrom could lay a bunt down than Duda advancing a runner by swinging. We are 10 games out and an awful hitting team. Bottom of the 9th with no outs is not a time to get crafty, its a time to get the job done.