3:17 p.m.: Travis d’Arnaud has been cleared for baseball activities.
d’Arnaud passed initial concussion testing and was planning to see doctors on Thursday, Terry Collins told reporters before Wednesday’s game.
He was put on the 7-day concussion disabled list last week, retroactive to May 14, and later replaced on the roster by Triple-A C Juan Centeno.
“He’s still feeling the effects of the initial impact,” Sandy Alderson said Tuesday, “I don’t have a real good prognosis on when he will be back.”
According to Alderson, in order to come back, d’Arnaud must pass a post-concussion test, which has to be approved by MLB.
“Until he’s feeling better, we won’t run him through that testing,” Alderson concluded.
D’Arnaud had a light headache after last Tuesday’s game, during which he was hit with a bat on a follow through. Terry Collins said d’Arnaud did not have an immediate reaction, but was still feeling effects from the incident two days later.
This season, d’Arnaud is hitting .196 with a .274 on base percentage. He has three doubles, three home runs and eight RBI over 114 plate appearances.