Terry Collins said he expects Travis d’Arnaud to play a couple of minor-league rehab games before returning to the Mets from the disabled list.
D’Arnaud was put on the 7-day concussion disabled list last week, retroactive to May 14, and later replaced on the roster by Triple-A C Juan Centeno.
He was cleared by doctors on Thursday and took batting practice Friday.
According to Alderson, in order to come back, d’Arnaud must pass a post-concussion test, which has to be approved by MLB.
D’Arnaud had a light headache after last Tuesday’s game, during which he was hit with a bat on a follow through swing by Alfonso Soriano. Terry Collins said d’Arnaud did not have an immediate reaction, but was still feeling effects from the incident two days later.
This season, d’Arnaud is hitting .196 with a .274 on base percentage. He has three doubles, three home runs and eight RBI over 114 plate appearances.