Here’s is today’s Spring Training Diary, hosted by MetsBlog’s Michael Baron, featuring footage of the Mets in another rain-shortened workout, and pitchers take the field and throw simulated at bats during their bullpen sessions:
Michael Baron of MetsBlog and SNY.tv talks one-on-one with Matt Harvey about:
-What he worked on in his first bullpen session.
-How he’s developing communication with new catchers, specifically John Buck in this session.
-The difference between last year’s camp and his standing this year.
-What he learned after his call up last season: big leaguers can hit and he can’t afford to pitch behind in the count.
To see Baron’s entire chat with Harvey, watch this:
Video: Travis d’Arnaud talks to SNY’s Mets Hot Stove
Here’s is today’s Spring Training Diary, hosted by MetsBlog’s Michael Baron, featuring footage of the Mets in a rain-shortened workout, Dillon Gee and Bobby Parnell throwing, Matt Harvey’s bullpen session with John Buck, and action at the indoor batting cages…
Earlier this week, Frank Francisco announced that he has been temporarily shut down because of swelling in his elbow.
Terry Collins later said Bobby Parnell will take over for Francisco as the team’s closer, in the event Francisco is not ready for Opening Day.
Yesterday, MetsBlog’s Michael Baron talked one on one with Parnell, who said:
- He will prepare the same way he always does for the regular season.
- His presence on the mound has improved over the last few years.
- His knuckle curve has helped make his fastball more effective.
- He can compete with just these two pitches.
- In regards to his beard, “I just wanted to rock it down here for a little bit, or until it starts to get warmer.”
To see Baron’s entire talk with Parnell, watch this: