Last night on SNY’s Mets On the Air LIVE call-in show, host James Flippin talked with Mets fans about what to do at shortstop and how to handle the starting rotation…
Toby Hyde and Robert Brender are joined by Wall Street Journal Mets beat writer Jared Diamond for a roundtable chat about new hitting coach Kevin Long. Later (24:15), they’re joined by Steve Selby, voice of the Memphis Redbirds, to talk about the loss of Oscar Tavares.
Subscribe in iTunes
Toby Hyde and Robert Brender are joined by former Royals broadcaster Rob Ford, to see how they built a World Series team from the ashes, and if that way can work for the Mets. Plus, the guys check in on the Mets prospects in the Arizona Fall League.
- World Series chat with Rob Ford
- Can the Royals way work for the Mets?
- Discussion Download and WS Predictions (17:55)
- AFL Check In (26:40)
- Brandon Nimmo, Matt Reynolds, LJ Mazzilli, and more
- One Good Thing, One Bad Thing (35:30)
Here is audio of Sandy Alderson talking to reporters about possible coaching changes, this past season and what needs to happen in 2015…
In this week’s MetsBlog Q&ACast, press. by Verizon, Matthew Cerrone with Mets fan and fellow podcaster James Blind from The Happy Recap about the last weekend in 2014 and what’s in store for the Mets this winter.
Toby Hyde and Robert Brender are joined by Russ Langer, voice of the Las Vegas 51s, for a conversation about the Mets prospects who did their work at Tiple-A Vegas this season, and what’s next for Noah Syndergaard, Kevin Plawecki, Matt Reynolds and more.
- Russ Langer, voice of the Las Vegas 51s, calls in
- Noah Syndergaard
- Kevin Plawecki
- Wilmer Flores / Matt Reynolds / The SS Question
- Cesar Puello
- Rafael Montero, Zack Thornton, Jacob deGrom
- More on Triple-A and Plawecki’s future (32:05)
- One Good Thing, One Bad Thing (40:30)
- Good: deGrom 8K start, Murphy OK at 3B
- Bad: Stanton HBP, Mets not spending in offseason
With Mets / Cubs trade talk being the talk of the week, Toby Hyde and Robert Brender look for the Chicago perspective. They are joined by Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune and Triple-A Iowa Cubs broadcaster Randy Wehofer to see if there’s a deal to be made and to learn more about the young Cubs hitting talent.
- Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune calls in
- Chatting Mets/Cubs trade match ups and the Cubs re-building
- Triple-A Iowa Cubs broadcaster Randy Wehofer calls in (19:50)
- Taking a close look at those young Cubs bats
- One Good Thing, One Bad Thing (36:00)
- Good: Rafael Montero, Wilmer Flores OK at SS
- Bad: Mets Offensive Offense, Mejia Hurt & Struggling