Here is a recap of today’s top stories featured on MetsBlog.com:
- Johan Santana threw a bullpen session today, then told reporters he is feeling well, all of which you can watch here.
- Matt Harvey also threw a bullpen session, which you can watch here.
- Free-agent LHP Scott Kazmir hit 91 mph with his fastball during a workout for scouts today, which you can read more about here.
- Michael Baron talked with Lucas Duda about his defense, which you can read here.
- The Mets flew flags at half mast in Digital Domain Park today in honor of Gary Carter, which you can see here.
- Speaking of Carter, there was some outstanding writing about him across the web this morning, the best of which you can find here.
Here are some classic Gary Carter photos that have been posted online today:
Lastly, to see SNY.TV’s photo gallery honoring Carter, click here.
The Empire State Building has just informed me that blue and orange lights will shine tonight in honor of Gary Carter!
— Senator Marty Golden (@SenMartyGolden) February 17, 2012
According to MetsBlog’s Matthew Cerrone, the Mets did not have a scout in Houston today to watch Scott Kazmir’s workout.
In a post to Twitter, Newsday’s David Lennon said the team simply was ‘not interested.’
Original Post at 2:36 pm
“Kazmir threw at about 86-87 mph today, touched 89 mph in his workout,” ESPN.com’s Buster Olney said on Twitter. “That’s better than last season with the Angels.”
According to Olney, there were roughly 10 scouts in attendance, To read more of this story, click here